|Location||Aerie of the Snow Eagles|
|Languages||Common, Elven, Auran|
The avariel are the most reclusive and least numerous of the elven subraces on Faerun. This elusiveness, along with their natural beauty, has instilled within them condescension and pity for their land-bound kin. They are, by nature, free spirits who possess and irrepressible zest for life. The most striking feature of the avariels is their soft, striking wings. Their skin is pale, often porcelain white, with tinges of blue of faint silver. They generally have silver-white or black hair, and are considered the most beautiful of the elven races.
Avariel Ability Adjustments: +4 Dex, +2 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Con.
Favored Class (Cleric): A multiclass avariel's cleric class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Sleeplessness: Immune to spells and effects of the 'Sleep' subtype.
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells.
- Bonus Proficiencies (Longsword, Rapier, Shortbow, Longbow)
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Search): +2 racial bonus to Search checks.
- Skill Affinity (Jump): +4 racial bonus to Jump checks.
- Keen Sight: +4 racial bonus to Spot checks.
- Keen Senses: Avariel make active Search checks automatically and with no movement penalties.
- Dive: +2 attack while suffering -2 to armor class. A successful attack does double damage if using a piercing weapon.
- Low-Light Vision: Allows them to see better than normal in the dark.
- Elven: Avariel are considered Elven for the purpose of spells.
- Dive Attack
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments
- Immunity To Sleep
- Keen Sense
- Keen Sight
- Low-light Vision
- Skill Affinity (Jump) +4
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Skill Affinity (Search)
- Weapon Proficiency (Elf)