Deep halflings are shorter, stockier versions of their lightfoot cousins. The are miners by trade and take pleasure in gems and fine masonry. They rarely mix with humans or elves, but enjoy the company of dwarves, with whom they share much in common. Deep halflings stand a little less than half as high as humans, and have stocky builds with ruddy skin, black hair and dark eyes.
Halfling Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, -2 Str
Favored Class (Rogue): A multiclass deep halfling's rogue class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Small Stature:
- +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
- +1 size bonus to AC.
- +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
- Darkvision: Deep halflings are able to see in the dark.
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Craft): +2 racial bonus to Craft Armor and Craft Weapon checks.
- Skill Affinity (Appraise): +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks.
- Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the 'Fear' subtype.
- Good Aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons.
Special: Halflings are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: bastard sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear.
- Good Aim
- Skill Affinity (Appraise)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Armor)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon)
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Small Stature