|Location||Underdark, Drow regions|
|Languages||Undercommon, Drow, Elven, (Common if on the surface)|
Descended from the original dark-skinned subrace called the Illythiiri, the drow also known as dark elves, were cursed into their present appearance by the good elven deities for following the goddess Lolth, the Spider Queen, down the path to evil and corruption. Living in the Underdark, they built a matriarchal society based on power and deceit. The drow have black skin that resembles polished obsidian and stark white or pale yellow hair. They commonly have very pale eyes (so pale as to be often mistaken for white) in shades of lilac, red, silver, pink and blue. They also tend to be smaller and thinner than most elves.
Drow females tend to be bigger and stronger than males. Drow society is theocratic and strongly matriarchal with females holding all positions of power and responsibility in the government, the militia and in the home. Their preferred class is cleric.
Drow males tend to be smaller and weaker than females. In society they tend to fill the lower ranks as fighters, rangers and rogues although their aptitude for magic is equal, if not superior, to that of other elven subraces. Their preferred class is wizard.
Drow Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, +2 Int, +2 Cha, -2 Con.
Favored Class Females (Cleric): A multiclass female drow cleric class does not count when determining whether she suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
Favored Class Males (Wizard): A multiclass male drow wizard class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Sleeplessness: Immune to spells and effects of the 'Sleep' subtype.
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells.
- Iron Will: +2 racial bonus on savings throws versus will.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Search): +2 racial bonus to Search checks.
- Skill Affinity (Spot): +2 racial bonus to Spot checks.
- Keen Senses: Drow make active Search checks automatically and with no movement penalties.
- Darkvision: Drow can see in the dark.
- Spell Resistance: Innate spell resistance of 11 plus 1 per level.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to light blinds a drow for 1 round. In addition drow suffer -1 circumstance penalty to attack rolls, saves and checks while operating in bright light.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day - Darkness, Faerie Fire. Caster level 3rd.
- Elven: Drow are considered Elven for the purpose of spells.
- Faerie Fire
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments
- Immunity To Sleep
- Iron Will
- Keen Sense
- Light Blindness
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Skill Affinity (Search)
- Skill Affinity (Spot)
- Spell Resistance 11
- Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
- Weapon Proficiency: Shortsword