Descended from a dwarf clan enslaved by mind flayers, duergar (a.k.a. gray dwarves) suffered for generations under enslavement and cruel experimentation at the hand of their cruel masters. Finally they managed to recover their freedom as a bitter and evil race with limited psionic powers. Male and female duergar are bald, and women do not grow beards. They are much thinner than other dwarves, with severe facial expressions, gray hair and gray skin.
Duergar Ability Adjustments: +2 Con, -4 Cha.
Favored Class (Fighter): A multiclass duergar's fighter class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
- Darkvision: Duergar are able to see in the dark.
- Immunity to Poisons: racial immunity to poisons.
- Immunity to Paralysis: racial immunity to paralysis.
- Hardiness vs. Spells: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells.
- Offensive Training vs. Orcs: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs.
- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids.
- Defensive Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to AC against giants.
- Skill Affinity (Lore): +2 racial bonus to Lore checks.
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently): +4 racial bonus to Move Silently
- Skill Affinity (Craft): +2 racial bonus to Craft Armor and Craft Weapon checks.
- Skill Affinity (Appraise): +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks.
- Partial Skill Affinity (Listen): +1 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Partial Skill Affinity (Spot): +1 racial bonus to Spot checks.
- Immunity to Phantasms: Duergar are immune to phantasms such as Weird and Phantasmal Killer
- Light Sensitivity: Duergar suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls, saves and checks while operating in bright light.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day - Invisibility. Caster level 3rd.
- Dwarven: Duergar count as Dwarves for the purpose of spells.
- Battle Training vs. Giants
- Battle Training vs. Goblins
- Battle Training vs. Orcs
- Hardiness vs. Spells
- Immunity Poison
- Immunity to Paralysis
- Immunity to Phantasms
- Light Sensitivity
- Partial Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Partial Skill Affinity (Spot)
- Skill Affinity (Appraise)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Armor)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon)
- Skill Affinity (Lore)
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently)