Dwarves are known for their skill in warfare, their ability to withstand physical and magical punishment, their hard work, and their capacity for drinking ale. Dwarves are slow to jest and suspicious of strangers, but they are generous to those who earn their trust. They stand just 4 to 4 1/2 feet tall, but are broad and compactly built, almost as wide as they are tall. Dwarven skin varies from deep tan to light brown, and their hair is black, gray, or brown. Dwarven men value their beards highly.
Dwarven Ability Adjustments: +2 Con, -2 Cha.
Favored Class (Fighter): A multiclass dwarf's fighter class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
- Darkvision: Dwarves are able to see in the dark.
- Hardiness vs. Poisons: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poisons.
- Hardiness vs. Spells: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells.
- Offensive Training vs. Orcs: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs.
- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- Defensive Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to AC against giants.
- Skill Affinity (Lore): +2 racial bonus to Lore checks.
- Skill Affinity (Craft Armor): +2 racial bonus to Craft Armor checks.
- Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon): +2 racial bonus to Craft Weapon checks.
- Skill Affinity (Appraise): +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks.
- Battle Training vs. Giants
- Battle Training vs. Goblins
- Battle Training vs. Orcs
- Hardiness vs. Poisons
- Hardiness vs. Spells
- Skill Affinity (Appraise)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Armor)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon)
- Skill Affinity (Lore)