Few dwarves delved as deep as the ancient Fireblood clan. Particularly fond of dormant volcanos, these dwarves followed volcanic trails and tunnels in search of further access to the world's depths. Unfortunately they stumbled on a nest of red dragons, and the outraged dragons enslaved the hapless clan to mine treasures for them. Over time, whether by interbreeding, natural mutation, or magical effect the Fireblood clan began to take on unique traits making them better adapted to higher temperatures... and to battling dragons. They won their freedom eventually, but the hatred for evil dragons in general and red dragons in specific still burns deep within this breed of dwarf. The clan intermarried and spread their bloodline across many clans now, however, and a Fireblood dwarf may be born to any dwarf parents. They are much the same as standard dwarves, but have dark red-brown skin, and are usually bald, with only the faintest of beards.
Fireblood Dwarf Ability Adjustments: +2 Con, -2 Cha.
Favored Class (Fighter): A multiclass Fireblood Dwarf's fighter class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
- Darkvision: Dwarves are able to see in the dark.
- Resistance to fire 5: Fireblood Dwarves have Fire Resistance 5.
- Hardiness vs. Spells: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells.
- Offensive Training vs. Orcs: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs.
- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- Defensive Training vs. Dragons: +4 dodge bonus to AC against dragons.
- Skill Affinity (Lore): +2 racial bonus to Lore checks.
- Skill Affinity (Craft Armor): +2 racial bonus to Craft Armor checks.
- Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon): +2 racial bonus to Craft Weapon checks.
- Skill Affinity (Appraise): +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks.
- Dragonblooded: Fireblood Dwarves have the dragonblood subtype.
- Dwarven: Fireblood Dwarves count as Dwarves for the purpose of spells.
- Battle Training vs. Goblins
- Battle Training vs. Orcs
- Defensive Training vs Dragons
- Hardiness vs. Spells
- Resist Fire 5
- Skill Affinity (Appraise)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Armor)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon)
- Skill Affinity (Lore)