Forest Gnomes have a great love for nature, particularly deep and quiet forests far from civilization or even anyone's home. For this reason many people, including others of their kind, have never seen a forest gnome. Unlike other gnomes, forest gnomes wear their hair and beards long, often to the almost to their feet when unbound. The males often trim their beards to a fine point or curl them into hornlike spikes extending to either side of their faces. Their skin is the color of bark, and their eyes are usually brown or blue. Their hair is brown or black, becoming gray or white with age.
Forest Gnomish Ability Adjustments: +2 Con, -2 Str.
Favored Class (Wizard): A multiclass Forest Gnomes Wizard class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Small Stature
- +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
- +1 size bonus to AC.
- +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
- Hardiness vs. Illusions: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells.
- Offensive Training vs. Reptilians: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against reptilian humanoids.
- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- Defensive Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to AC against giants.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Concentration): +2 racial bonus to Concentration checks.
- Skill Affinity (Hide Forest): +4 racial bonus to Hide, +8 when in the forest.
- Spell Focus (Illusion): Rock Gnomes add +2 DC to any Illusion spells they cast. This is identical to the feat.
- Low-Light Vision: Allows them to see better than normal in the dark.
- Gnomish: Forest Gnomes count as Gnomes for the purpose of spells.
Special: Gnomes are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: bastard sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear. Packages: Gnome characters should only choose the default package for their class, as the other packages may give the gnome weapons they cannot use.
- Battle Training vs. Giants
- Battle Training vs. Goblins
- Battle Training vs. Reptilians
- Hardiness vs. Illusions
- Low-light Vision
- Skill Affinity (Concentration)
- Skill Affinity (Hide in Forest)
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Small Stature
- Spell Focus (Illusion)