Gold dragons hate injustice and foul play, but few things anger them more than tyranny of the strong over the weak, or the small. When a gold dragon's territory includes or is near a halfling village, they often appoint themselves protector and take of threats too powerful for the halflings to handle alone. Such villages seldom, if ever, learn of those dangers or of their guardian. The dragon often walks among its charges, appearing as a small animal or as a halfling looking to settle in the town. While any relationships from this are short-lived as far as the dragon is concerned, the signs of draconic heritage live on long after among the village inhabitants. These dragonblooded halflings look for the most part like their more mundane kin, but bear a golden sheen to their complexion and inevitably have golden flecks in their eyes. They also tend to show traits of nobility and courage, standing up to any threat they encounter.
Glimmerskin Halfling Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, -2 Str
Favored Class (Rogue): A multiclass glimmerskin halfling's rogue class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Small Stature:
- +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
- +1 size bonus to AC.
- +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Jump): +2 racial bonus to Jump checks.
- Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the 'Fear' subtype.
- Good Aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons.
- Touch of Luck: Once per day, a glimmerkin halfling can grant himself or an ally within 30' a +2 bonus to saves for one round as an immediate action.
- Dragonblooded: Glimmerskin Halflings have the dragonblood subtype.
Special: Halflings are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: bastard sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear.
- Good Aim
- Skill Affinity (Jump)
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Small Stature
- Touch of Luck