|Location||The Great Rift|
Found largely in the south in the immediate vicinity of the Great Rift. Renowned not only for their smithwork and craftsmanship but also for their military progress and legendary wealth, gold dwarves have maintained their empire for millennia, unbowed by the passage of time. The skin of a gold dwarf is light brown or deeply tanned, and her eyes are usually brown or hazel. Both genders wear their hair long; hair color ranges from black to gray or brown, with all shades fading to light gray as time progresses.
Gold Dwarf Ability Adjustments: +2 Con, -2 Dex.
Favored Class (Fighter): A multiclass Gold Dwarf's fighter class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
- Darkvision: Gold Dwarves are able to see in the dark.
- Hardiness vs. Poisons: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poisons.
- Hardiness vs. Spells: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells.
- Offensive Training vs. Aberrations: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against aberrations.
- Defensive Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to AC against giants.
- Skill Affinity (Lore): +2 racial bonus to Lore checks.
- Skill Affinity (Craft): +2 racial bonus to Craft Armor and Craft Weapon checks.
- Skill Affinity (Appraise): +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks.
- Dwarven: Gold Dwarves count as Dwarves for the purpose of spells.
- Battle Training vs. Giants
- Favored Enemy: Aberrations
- Hardiness vs. Poisons
- Hardiness vs. Spells
- Skill Affinity (Appraise)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Armor)
- Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon)
- Skill Affinity (Lore)