Halflings are clever, capable, and resourceful survivors. They are notoriously curious, and show a daring that many larger people can't match. They can be lured by wealth, but tend to spend rather than hoard. Halflings have ruddy skin, hair that is black and straight, and brown or black eyes. Halfling men often grow long sideburns, but rarely beards or moustaches. They prefer practical clothing, and would rather wear a comfortable shirt than jewelry. Halflings stand about 3 feet tall, and commonly live to see 150.
Halfling Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, -2 Str
Favored Class (Rogue): A multiclass halfling's rogue class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Small Stature:
- +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
- +1 size bonus to AC.
- +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently): +2 racial bonus to Move Silently checks.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Jump): +2 racial bonus to Jump checks.
- Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the 'Fear' subtype.
- Good Aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons.
Special: Halflings are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: bastard sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear.
- Good Aim
- Skill Affinity (Jump)
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently)
- Small Stature