Deep gnomes, known also as Svirfneblin, have become understandably distrustful of all strangers after centuries of living with the everyday perils the Underdark. With strangers, most deep gnomes are sullen, reserved and suspicious, almost to a fault. Their skin is the color of the rocks among which they live. They have dark gray eyes, tending towards black. Their hair is of similar color, although it's only seen in a woman as the men are entirely bald and beardless.
|Svirfneblin (Deep Gnome)|
Svirfneblin Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Str, -4 Cha.
Favored Class (Wizard): A multiclass Svirfneblin's Wizard class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
- Darkvision: Svirfneblin are able to see in the dark.
- Small Stature
- +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
- +1 size bonus to AC.
- +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
- Hardiness vs. Illusions: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells.
- Offensive Training vs. Reptilians: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against reptilian humanoids.
- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- Dodge +4: +4 racial dodge armor class bonus.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Concentration): +2 racial bonus to Concentration checks.
- Skill Affinity (Hide Underground): +2 racial bonus to Hide checks; +4 when underground.
- Spell Focus (Illusion): Svirfneblin add +2 DC to any Illusion spells they cast. This is identical to the feat.
- Very Heroic: +2 racial bonus to all saving throws.
- Spell Resistance: Spell Resistance of 11, plus 1 per level.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day - Blindness and Deafness (DC 16), Blur, Disguise Self. Caster level is equal to the svirfneblin's character level, DC is Charisma-based with +4 racial bonus.
- Gnomish: Svirfneblin count as Gnomes for the purpose of spells.
Special: Gnomes are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: bastard sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear. Packages: Gnome characters should only choose the default package for their class, as the other packages may give the gnome weapons they cannot use.
- Battle Training vs. Goblins
- Battle Training vs. Reptilians
- Dodge Bonus +4
- Hardiness vs. Illusions
- Skill Affinity (Concentration)
- Skill Affinity (Hide Underground)
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Small Stature
- Spell Focus (Illusion)
- Spell Resistance 11
- Very Heroic