Halflings native to the frostfell and far northern regions are known as tundra halflings. They are like the typical halfling in both appearance and lifestyle, but supplement their nomadic ways with permanent structures along their normal paths of wandering. It's not uncommon for tundra halflings to move from empty village to empty village along with the change in seasons.
Tundra Halfling Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, -2 Str
Favored Class (Ranger): A multiclass tundra halfling's ranger class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.
- Small Stature:
- +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
- +1 size bonus to AC.
- +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently): +2 racial bonus to Move Silently checks.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
- Skill Affinity (Jump): +2 racial bonus to Jump checks.
- Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the 'Fear' subtype.
- Good Aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons.
Special: Halflings are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: bastard sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear.
- Good Aim
- Skill Affinity (Jump)
- Skill Affinity (Listen)
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently)
- Small Stature